Paul Sizemore practiced exclusively in the areas of mass torts, products liability and mesothelioma. In his nearly 20 years of practice, Paul fought for the rights of victims and tried numerous cases against the world’s largest corporate juggernauts. What set him apart from others: Paul took cases to trial and aggressively represented his client’s interests. Indeed, this is why Paul was selected as a Top 20 California attorney, a top 100 litigator, and twice awarded law firm litigator of the year.
Examples of Paul’s bellwether trials include trying both the first Multi-District (MDL) and the first California State Court Vioxx trials. That litigation ultimately resolved for $4.85 billion.
Paul was also selected by the MDL Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee (PSC) to try the first MDL Bextra case. The overall litigation ultimately settled for nearly $2 billion.
The Avandia PSC also selected Paul as a member of the MDL trial team. Cases were selected for trial with Paul as the head trial attorney and, predictably, the litigation ultimately settled. The settlement, thus far, is for between 1 and 2 billion dollars.
There is a clear reason The Sizemore Law Firm has been so very successful. Corporations understand that the firm has the attorneys and resources to successfully prepare and try a lawsuit. Paul’s perseverance has resulted in a form of respect by the corporations that can only be achieved through success in the courtroom.
Bar Admissions: California, Alabama, Tennessee, New York, Georgia (Washington DC pending)
PSC/Executive Committees: Crestor (Co-Lead Counsel); Shoulder Pain Pump; Bextra; Celebrex; Digitek; Avandia; Vioxx; GranuFlo; Byetta (Co-Head Counsel).
Trial Broadcasts: Paul was fortunate enough to have no less than four of his national trials televised live and/or via the Internet.
Press: Based upon his tremendous legal success, Paul was honored to be interviewed by television, radio, internet and print media from around the world, including:
- National Public Radio, ABC, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, 60 Minutes (Australia), Abu Dhabi Reporter, America Justice Association, Daily Journal, Law Weekly, Legal Talk Network, Champions of Justice, The Associated Press, Reuters News Service, Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Publication/Teaching Positions: Paul is a frequent lecturer across the country. He is asked by various groups to assist in the education of both attorneys and judges due to his litigation expertise. He has taught for AAJ, ATLA, Mealeys, Harris Martin, NMI, Mass Torts Made Perfect, etc. Indeed, Paul has given between fifty to one hundred lectures in his career.
In addition to the multitude of literature published via his lectures, Paul also published three peer reviewed articles, which include:
- Fraudulent Removal: The New Reality (TBD)
- Embracing Risk Factors in Pharmaceutical Litigation (2008)
- Alabama’s Confidentiality Quagmire (2004)